Physical Therapy by Advanced Therapy Specialists is Expert Care Done Right
At Advanced Therapy Specialists, we help you feel better faster. All our physical and occupational therapists have extensive experience in specialized treatment methods and regularly complete training in the latest therapeutic techniques.
We believe environment impacts healing. That’s why we opened our clinic-–to provide a positive, welcoming space for patients and connect them with specialists who are invested in their recovery.
You’ll feel the difference at Advanced Therapy Specialists.
Dr. Sandy Sublett, PT, DPT, OCS, CLT believes in treating the whole person, not just their current pain. Her wide-ranging physical therapy experience and training in integrative health helps her determine the best path forward for each patient.
- Specializes in orthopedics, especially foot and ankle care, balance and vestibular rehabilitation, chronic swelling management, lymphedema treatment and foot orthotics.
- Uses a comprehensive approach for assessing and treating patients.
- Graduate of the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center and St. Ambrose University.
Dr. Jodi Nelson, PT, DPT, CLT treats the root of an injury, not just its symptoms. Pain doesn’t occur in isolation so neither should your recovery. Her patients should expect to learn something new about their bodies at every visit as she works with them to solve problems.
- Specializes in orthopedic rehabilitation, functional manual therapy and chronic swelling management.
- Has experience in nursing homes, outpatient clinics and hospitals across the country.
- Graduate of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and currently pursuing advanced training at the Institute of Physical Art.
- Diverse occupational therapy experience treating chronically-ill children, building a state-wide rehab program in California for Vietnam veterans who wanted to drive a car again, and teaching students in occupational therapy assistant programs.
- Graduate of the University of North Dakota.
- Has attained the highest level of training as a Certified Lymphedema Therapist.
- Owner of Molloy Therapy, LLC, and leases space in Advanced Therapy Specialists offices.
Connie Rystrom, OTR/L, CHT is the area’s premiere hand therapy specialist with more than three decades of experience.
- Specializes in evaluation and treatment of post-surgical and traumatic hand and upper extremity injuries, chronic and acute orthopedic, peripheral neurologic and rheumatologic conditions.
- Graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Kelly Schmit, PT, MPT helps patients return to their prior level of functioning and encourage activity and lifestyle changes to prevent further injury, decrease pain, and improve overall health.
- Specializes in orthopedic rehabilitation and vestibular rehabilitation.
- Has 10+ years of outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation experience.
- Graduate of the University of Iowa.
When you visit our office, you will meet with one of our specialists to determine your rehab goals and build a personalized care plan to help you reach them. Treatment options include:
- Physical Therapy
- Hand Therapy
- Vestibular and Balance Rehabilitation
- Total Joint Rehabilitation
- Pre- & Post- Operative Orthopedic Care
- Comprehensive Lymphedema Therapy
- Orthopedic Swelling Management
- Foot and Ankle Rehabilitation
- Foot Orthotics
- Diabetic Foot Screening
Not sure if physical or occupational therapy is right for you? We are happy to help. Call or stop by the clinic to schedule a free 20-minute consultation with one of our specialists to determine your next step on the journey toward better movement, less pain, and a healthier you.
319-377-0937 | 227 Northland Court NE, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52402-6226